Om mig

Mitt foto
Askim, Göteborg, West coast, Sweden
I am a woman "in the flower of my age". My great hobby is making silver jewellery out of silver clay and sterling silver. Sometimes I sell some too, because I cannot use it all myself. Other interests are SEVEN gorgeous grandchildren - nine with my husband's two, gardening, books, kayaking, photo... I write this blog in English to keep up the language after my retirement. I was a teacher in English and French for 18 years (so I ought to have a blog in French too...) and assistant head at a school for 15 years. My second blog shows my handmade silver jewellery. http://lillemorssilversmycken.blogspot.com

tisdag 31 augusti 2010

Damned magpie!

It's harvesting time ... But the magpies have taken almost all of the few ripened figs I had!!! Now I try to protect the few that are left on the last tree (of six...) with a blue net. I have lots of tomatoes - inside the greenhouse and outside it. Tomatoes outside ripen outside to an extent that I've never seen before... Thank you lovely summer! There are very few peaches though. Last winter was to tough I think.I won't thank it...

1 kommentar:

Inger sa...

Poor you and cursed be the magpies! Your tomatoes look abundant and ripe. I harvest some every day.